No Equipment, No Excuses: Workouts You Can Do With No Equipment
I get asked constantly what people can do if they can’t afford a gym membership and have no workout equipment. Holy guacamole, there are loads of things you can do because ANYTHING that gets your heart rate up is cardio and ANYTHING that puts you in muscular failure is strength training! So here’s a list of basically every physical activity I could think of! Enjoy!
- Push Ups
- Roller Blading
- Roller Skating
- Hula Hoop
- Jump Rope
- Workout DVDs
- Workout Youtube Videos (blogilates, tara stiles, toneitupcom)
- Capture the Flag
- Dance video games
- Wii Fit
- Jumping jacks
- Playing with your dog
- Wall Sits
- Calf Raises
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Paint ball
- Ping Pong
- Pole Dancing
- Running up and down stairs
- Kick boxing
- Digging holes
- Beating up your little brother
- Wresting a sibling for the last toaster strudel
- Jumping on a trampoline
- Shake Weight
- Make out with someone
- Playing with your cats
- Body weight exercises
I lost my first 6lbs through nothing but roller blading around my neighborhood with my mom and my dog and had so much fun doing it.
So please, no more excuses.
My cat refuses to be petted unless I’m in the middle of a workout.
Annoying Gym Guys
I’d say the workouts my buddy and I do are pretty difficult. Coupling weights and Insanity isn’t easy. But today…..shit. Today was legs.
- Quadricep extensions: 10 reps starting at 145 increasing by five each set until 190.
- Hammy Curls: 10 reps per set each leg at 65, then 80, then 95. 10 reps both legs per set at 140, then 155, then 165.
- Leg press: six sets of 10 starting at 320. Add 20 per set after to hit 420. Then a seventh set was burnout. starting from 12 and removing a rep and 20 lbs after each set was hit (14, 13, 12, 11, 10, 9) and ending at what the starting weight was: 320.
- Squats: 3 sets of 10 @: 275, 315, 365
- Bar Lunges: 3 sets of 20 lunges @: 135, 155, 155
- Dead Lifts: (tired as shit by this point) 3 sets of 10 @: 135, 225, 225
- Insanity Pure Cardio (45 min)
Oh my gosh I’m POOPED! Today I did:
- POP Pilates Mighty Squat Challenge
- POP Pilates Hot Abs (first time I’ve completed it without stopping!)
- POP Pilates Muffin Top Meltdown
- POP Pilates Butt Blaster (I only did half because I was DYING from the other workouts)
- Total of about 45 minutes of burn!
Pretty awesome workout! I LOVE POP Pilates! They are so challenging and I sweat like CRAZY! You guys should check them out! I love them because they’re convenient; I don’t even have to leave the room!
Don’t wear Victoria’s Secret underwear while working out.
Wedgie freaking city.
Today I discovered that the ellipticals at my school’s gym can elevate to level 20, aka almost a freaking 90º angle! I just finished working out a couple hours ago and my ass is already sore!
What was your workout today? :)
I’ve been the only one in the gym the whole time! Working out during midterms is the best!
yea get that rock hard arse!
oh these look painfully good….
Did these today!
dreax3b: If I can do it, you can do it :)
What is(are) your favorite song(s) to listen to while working out?
Anything angry/loud with a good guitar solo or something with a really good, fast beat. Ideal songs are ones that are slower, then get a lot faster/louder at the chorus so I can do HIIT to them. ;) Basically anything that’s NOT slow or quiet, haha!
What is your go-to workout?
For me it’s either a cardio machine (usually the elliptical) or doing butt/leg/ab work!