No Equipment, No Excuses: Workouts You Can Do With No Equipment
I get asked constantly what people can do if they can’t afford a gym membership and have no workout equipment. Holy guacamole, there are loads of things you can do because ANYTHING that gets your heart rate up is cardio and ANYTHING that puts you in muscular failure is strength training! So here’s a list of basically every physical activity I could think of! Enjoy!
- Push Ups
- Roller Blading
- Roller Skating
- Hula Hoop
- Jump Rope
- Workout DVDs
- Workout Youtube Videos (blogilates, tara stiles, toneitupcom)
- Capture the Flag
- Dance video games
- Wii Fit
- Jumping jacks
- Playing with your dog
- Wall Sits
- Calf Raises
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Rock Climbing
- Ice Skating
- Paint ball
- Ping Pong
- Pole Dancing
- Running up and down stairs
- Kick boxing
- Digging holes
- Beating up your little brother
- Wresting a sibling for the last toaster strudel
- Jumping on a trampoline
- Shake Weight
- Make out with someone
- Playing with your cats
- Body weight exercises
I lost my first 6lbs through nothing but roller blading around my neighborhood with my mom and my dog and had so much fun doing it.
So please, no more excuses.
It’s been a long journey. My highest was around 140lbs, and now I’m around 110-113lbs. Healthy diet, lots of lifting, and lots of yoga. Still working too :)
from flat ass to dat ass.
My six “secrets” to weight loss and health!
so rambly sorry!
Thought I’d share all the yumminess I got a Trader Joe’s tonight!
- Vanilla Almond Milk (unsweetened)
- Vanilla Soy Milk
- Body Wash (B&BW shower gels irritate my skin)
- Mango honey shaving cream (in a tube, smells SO good! can’t wait to try!)
- Granola bars
- frozen strawberries
- 5 bananas (5 for 95¢!)
- 6 eggs
- fresh strawberries
- 2 mangos
- 4 avocados
- 2 lbs of nectarines
- baby carrots
- a large Fage Greek yogurt
- an enormous bag of clementines
All for a total of $43.58. I <3 Trader Joe’s!
So I guess you can say I’ve made progress. :)
Before: 118.5 lbs, strict cardio and 1200 calorie diet
After: 112 lbs, heavy lifting (and squatting), yoga, minimal cardio, 1500-2000 calorie diet.
Here is my first Dorm Bites videos! They will be a series of yummy, simple recipes any college student can make in their dorm room or dorm’s kitchen; or just for anyone who wants quick and easy recipes for on the go!
Sorry for my sickness in this video. I feel horrible today and not even makeup could cover that up.
Dorm Room Floor Breakfast Wrap
I call this the Dorm Room Floor wrap because I literally made the entire thing sitting on the floor of my dorm room and using nothing but a microwave!
Ingredients (feel free to add/subtract!)
-1 or 2 eggs
-smoked gouda cheese (my preference for the smokey flavor: reduces need for a meat!)
-sriracha for heat!
Eggs: take a dab of olive oil and grease your bowl or mug. Crack the eggs into the bowl/mug and whisk them with a fork. Add a pinch of salt (optional) and a tbs of milk (I used soy milk and it tasted fine!). Microwave on high in 30 second intervals until eggs are as wet or dry as you like. Use your fork to cut them up into bits.
Wrap: On your tortilla add your cheese. Microwave until cheese is melty. Add your eggs and sriracha, then your slices of avocado. Wrap everything together into yummy, breakfast goodness!
Nutrition can be adjusted based on how many eggs you use and if you add cheese and avocado. But remember breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so don’t skimp :) I felt full through two classes and a workout with just this wrap and half a mango in my stomach!
What’s your favorite/biggest weakness holiday food/dessert?
I can’t pick just one! Ugh! I have a huge weakness for caramel corn. But every year my family and my cousins get together and spend all day baking loads of cinnamon rolls from scratch and they are absolute heaven.
So I’ve been meaning to start this for months now, but I honestly forgot about it. It’s probably the simplest, least time consuming fitness challenge you can do, but you will get insane results from it.
Until New Year’s Day I’m going to start doing 50 squats a day in November and then up to a wild 100 squats a day in December. These are simple bodyweight squats.
I started doing this while I was home for the summer and it gave me awesome results. But because of school I’ve been sitting on my ass more than working it, so it’s time to kick it again.
I hope you guys will all do it with me! C’mon, it’s easy! 50 a day. Break it up if you want to even. 25 in the morning, 25 at night. Whatever floats your butt.
I’ve been really down about my body lately because I haven’t had a chance to workout in over a month, and when I finally got one (three days off in a row between two jobs!? unheard of!) I’m super sick. I feel gross in pretty much everything and I can tell I’m losing the tightness in my body I had this summer.
So I decided to do a list of positive things I noticed tonight after getting out of the shower. After spilling the base of my smoothie (soy milk + protein powder + psyllium husk + carpet = disgusting pasty mess) I need some positivity.
- My arms. I will forever love my arms. Yoga has given me killer arms. When the shadows hit them just right I can really appreciate how toned and strong they are.
- My skin. Even though I have a huge spot right on my cheek, 90% of the time my skin is near flawless. It’s all thanks to genetics so I can’t take credit for it, but hey. It’s a blessing and something I’m complimented on.
- My eyes. I feel like I’m the only person with brown eyes who loves their brown eyes. So many brown-eyed-beauties dream of having blue or green. Love what you have! I love my big brown doe eyes. And my boyfriend endlessly tells me how much he loves them too.
- My waist. I have a really dramatic wasit-to-hip ratio. Last I checked it was 26-36. It helps that my hips are ridiculous (too ridiculous. my boyfriend is crazy about them but I could do with a little less hippage) which makes my waist look tinier, but hey, I’ll take what I can get.
- My boobs. So they needed a little help of a reduction surgery, but I couldn’t be happier with them now. After giving them a little nudge with a knife, I was able to start exercising and it helped them to drop in size even more. Not only did they get to a perfect size for my body, but after doing a lot of chest work this summer they are naturally high and firm enough for me to feel fine in a tank top without a bra on (for just around the house, of course).
I may not be 100% happy with my thighs, my hips or my stomach right now, but I need to understand that I’m working incredibly hard. Working over 20 hours a week and being a full time student and making time for an incredible boyfriend and time for myself is difficult. But I can’t wait until I can get back into the swing of things again.
You have GOT to be kidding me.
- a HUUUUGE watermelon
- a huge bag of peanuts
- a small bag of red licorice bites
- 7 peaches
- a bag of grapes
- 3 huge mangos
- an avocado
- a huge bag of italian prunes
- 6 artichoke
- a bag of beet chips
- a bag of red potatoes
- a little bag of chocolate covered raisins (for my sister-in-law)
- a bag of cilantro
- a head of cauliflower
- 2 heads of garlic
- 5 scallions
- a giant bag of carrots
- 2 giant red onions
- a huge bag of snow peas
- 2 giant zucchinis
- a giant bag of walnuts
- a bag of peanuts
- 2 boxes of dirty rice
- 3 ears of corn
All for a total of $68.46.
All of this is locally grown, fresh, and always delicious.
“It’s too expensive to eat healthy” my ass.
I can’t believe the first picture is taken 2 years ago. It feels like I’ve been living healthy forever. Yay for overall progress!
SKINNY GIRLS HOW YOU BE SKINNY PLZ LET ME KNOW.
Because 1200 calories isn’t enough. Eat your BMR on days you don’t exercise and more than it on days you do. You’ll be hungry if you’re not eating enough.